Thursday, June 26, 2008

4-Day Weekend!! Yay!!


We will be heading out of town tomorrow for our 4-day weekend trip! We're going to Orlando and are looking forward to going to Sea World again. I can't believe it, but it has actually been over a year since we've been. AND we have passes!!

We're staying at a 3 bedroom condo-type place that we've never stayed at before. That's always scary, but hotels.com rated it 3 stars and showed pictures of the place that are pretty nice. We got a great deal on the entire stay since we're staying 3 nights, so if it's nice, then I'll share more details later. Normally, we probably would have just stayed in a hotel/suite-type room, but we wanted to have kitchen facilities a little greater than a microwave and refrigerator. =)

We are planning on eating our own food the whole time we're there. That will save us lots of money and sugar! =) Tomorrow morning we will make up two different batches of muffins to have for breakfast on our trip - Raspberry poppy seed muffins and Orange muffins. We will also bring cereal and oatmeal as another option. I've been baking my own bread this past week, so we'll have that for sandwiches. (Post on bread is coming soon.) I'll be making (chicken) sausage spaghetti for dinner one night and we're bringing some various leftovers from the last couple of days to warm up. Extras and snack-y kind of stuff include salad stuff, apples, grapes, bananas, peaches, Lundberg Rice Chips (our favorites are BBQ, Honey Dijon, Wasabi and Pico de Gallo - check the ingredients of the others - some have dairy and maybe even sugar - I can't remember for sure. Oh, and they are definitely cheaper on Amazon. We've only bought them at Whole Foods, but we plan on ordering them online soon.) and Fruitabu swirls (these are like fruit roll-ups but so much better for you - and better tasting, too!).

I'm taking my computer, but I'm not sure if I'll post updates while we're there or not. For now, I'll just say, "See you when we get back!"

P.S. I'm hitting CVS tomorrow for the first time in quite a while. I have some ECB's about to expire on Saturday, and I just got a $5/$30 coupon from CVS in my email today!! Yay!

No comments: