Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Health Update

A few of you have been asking about how I've been doing, so I thought I would give you a little update. I am feeling much better than I was just a month or two ago. Dr. C had wanted to see me twice a week for a while, then I got extended to once a week, and just today he told me we could wait two weeks before he sees me again. =) I have good days, and I have some "iffy" days. That's to be expected, I suppose, as I continue to get better.

My newest medication (added to the 7-pill and 1-liquid supplement regimen I'm already on) is not always easy to remember to take. Unfortunately, it's not a pill that I can just "pop" whenever. It's actually a powder I have to mix with 8-10 ounces of liquid to take all at once 30 minutes before mealtime. Yummy!! ={ Because it's so time sensitive and slightly "complicated," I don't always take it when we're "out and about." The doctor had told me that I may not feel too well when I started this treatment, but that I should get used to it eventually. It affects me differently on different days. I never know what to expect from it. Last week, I felt pretty good when I took it, the weekend was hit and miss in taking it, and this week it's been making me feel not so good. I've only been taking it for a few weeks now, so I'm assuming that I'll have to give it more time for my body to get used to it. Who knows! =)

Overall, though, I can't complain! I feel so much better, and I'm able to enjoy life so much more than I was before. When a "bad day" hits, I just remember how far God has brought me and that he will continue to strengthen and heal my body. God is good, and I am so thankful that I have Him to lean on! Thank you for all of your prayers...they are greatly appreciated!

No comments: