Sunday, June 29, 2008

Drama, Drama, DRAMA!!!

We are all about the drama, or so it seems. We need your prayers right now. This afternoon, we ran over to Wal-Mart to pick up a few things, and as we were leaving, our truck broke down...AGAIN!!!! It seems to be doing the same thing it was last time, so we had it towed to Car Max....$88.00!!! We had to take a taxi to the airport to rent a car from Enterprise...$40.50 for the taxi and $70/day for the rental!!! Believe me, all of those WILL be billed to Car Max.

All of this took place during a big rain storm with lots of lightning, but we really can't complain. God took great care of us!! We were told the tow truck was going to take an hour to get to Wal-Mart, and it actually took less than 15 minutes. We were going to have to call for a cab, but as we were unloading the truck, we saw a taxi sitting just a few rows over in the parking lot. The guy said he would wait for us to have the truck towed. Once we got to Enterprise, we were in and out in less than 10 minutes!

Isn't God incredible? He cares about all the little details in our lives. Sometimes my faith is so small when it comes to situations like this, and then when it's all over, I realize that God was with us the whole time. He never abandoned us, and He made sure that everything was taken care of and in a timely manner, too!

We would appreciate your prayers as we have to wait for the truck to be fixed. We are supposed to check out of the condo at 10am tomorrow morning, and at this point, Car Max doesn't even know that our truck is on their lot. So, we're not sure if we're going to have to stay another night or more. Remember when we got Jason's truck for work? Well, we had been approved through our credit union for a vehicle for both of us, but obviously we only got Jason's truck. I still have the "check" from our credit union for my vehicle, and it expires tomorrow! How weird is that? So, for the fun of it, we're going to check out Car Max tomorrow to see if we can trade in my truck. Please pray for us as we'll have to make those decisions tomorrow. I am not going to be pressured into another vehicle just because we're having trouble my truck, but I do believe that God allows things to happen for a purpose. So, we're going to at least pursue it, in case that is what God wants.

My question for you now is this: Should we stay away from Wal-Mart, or was that just a fluke? My kids are beginning to dislike Wal-Mart very much! =) I'll keep you posted...

3 comments:

Julie said...

So sorry that happened. You will def. be in our prayers. Let us know if you need anything!

James, Erica, Eliana and Landon said...

Thus the acronym for FORD - Fix Or Repair Daily! Just kidding guys - we will pray that everything works out for you! James

Rebekah Downs said...

Ha Ha! You know what? I grew up in a family that would never buy Ford and would only buy Chevy or Oldsmobile, so when we bought this Ford, I was afraid of the flack I would get from my dad. Honestly, he never said anything, and this is the first bit of trouble we've had with it in the 3 years we've owned it. It's about 6 years old now.

I would really love to get a Honda, but they are so much more expensive - Worth it, but totally expensive. We'll have to save a little more. =)